December 8, 2011

Cranberry Grape Salad

This is my favorite all time holiday salad. Although its not really salad, more like a fancy alternative to a jello side dish/fruit salad/whatever. When I say fancy I mean it tastes fancy, but is super easy to make. Here's how you do it.....

1 bag fresh cranberries
1 cup of sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 lb of red grapes cut in half

Put the bag o cranberries in the food processor/blender till they are nicely chopped not pureed.
Mix cranberry blend with one cup of sugar. Place mixture in a strainer over a bowl to catch the juice, you will want to let it drain for at least an hour to get most of the liquid out. Slice grapes-I usually do them lengthwise. Whip the cream until its nice and fluffy. Add grapes to cranberry mix and stir, then gently fold in the cream. Now your done!! Hoorah!! p.s sorry I haven't posted in a while...I've been lazy



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the perfect timing on this post. I'm taking a fruit side dish to our Sunday school Christmas party tonight and am going to have to make this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete